Lean...

Monday, January 26, 2009
Throughout this journey I have tracked just about any variable I could possible track: steps trekked, seconds walked, inches lost, average mph, average incline, and while I report some (see progress report in the right column), there are a whole slew of them I do not. I am pretty religious about updating my progress report on Monday mornings, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that today I have gained some muscle as measured via my anthropometric formula. While not the most accurate of the body fat percentage measurement tools, it is one that I can accurately at home by myself. As far as I can tell, the lean muscle numbers come from some combination of your forearm girth and your wrist diameter. With the inclusion of 40 push-ups per day since Halloween, my upper body is definitely more fit than when I started this project. Having just crossed the 3500 push-ups completed mark last night, measuring progress in the lean body weight was a nice surprise!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Way to go! I keep thinking about doing pushups... and some crunches... but am not quite that motivated. Maybe that will kick in around the 300 mile mark. :)

Juli said...

you are getting there - step by step