"Well, can you walk without getting winded..."

Tuesday, December 2, 2008
When my physician asked me if I felt like I could "walk some distance without getting winded," it was all I could do to not bust out laughing.  "Yep," I said, "I can walk without getting winded." Although I was being seen for my annual physical (note to readers: lots of insurance companies pay for annual physicals beyond a routine gynecological one), I have been fighting off a bit of a cold or a cough.   He must not have believed me, because he followed up with a "even when you have a cold or a cough" clarifying question.  "Well yesterday I walked 12.5 miles," I said "and I had the cough and cold since before then".  When I told him about my treadmill desk, he was intrigued.  I saw him note something on my chart, cross off something he was going to ask, and write "n/a" next to something else. Not sure what they were, but my guess is that it had something to do with "are you getting regular exercise?"  I passed my physical with flying colors.  My blood pressure and pulse were very low and my weight was the lowest it has been in several years.   He changed up my meds for RLS, asthma, and allergies - but most importantly he gave me a "squeaky" clean bill of health.  According to the body age on my Wii Fit -- I am 39 going on 26!

0 comments: