From my vantage...

Thursday, December 18, 2008
...it looked kind of like my treadmill, which made it a whole lot easier to shovel the 16" of snow that had accumulated in the driveway and along 150' of sidewalk.  Not only was my shovel just about as wide as the tread, but when I got to the end of the walkway, I turned around to discover that I could also follow my progress in the icy remnants of my treadmill.  As I look back over the 50 some posts that make up this blog, I realize that this is much more than a report about how I set up my treadmill desk and how much (or how little) progress I am making.  Rather, it is the tidbits of a life being rediscovered.  Friday marked my arrival at an unexpected crossroads, one that I hope to speak to early next week.  I'm not sure if I would have been mentally or physically prepared as I was had I not jumped on this tread and committed to do something solely for me.  The investment in my physical wellbeing is also paying off dividends in my emotional, psychological, and professional health.  So as I stand at the crossroad, ready to take a hard right turn, I am thankful for a forum to explore the ideas and for the family and friends who have been so supportive in this journey and whose commitment to me for my next journey is palpable.  "I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it." Rosalia de Castro

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shannon said...

Aren't you just loving the snow? I still get excited when those flakes start to fall!
And I love the quote you end with - so inspirational. Looking forward to reading about your journey along your new path.