Wowsie! Early Birthday Present

Sunday, November 16, 2008
So since about the first full week, I have begun worrying or wondering or wrangling with the idea of how to recreate my treadmill desk at work once I return from my sabbatical on Jan. 20.  I had thought about getting a Tread Desk; but with the economy as it is, I didn't think that this would be a good use of our family resources.  It also seemed quite unlikely that my employer would be willing to splurge for one for similar reasons.  I began to check Craigslist in hopes of finding a used tread that I could jury rig for use at work. While the kids were out and about with a friend today, B and I ran a few errands - including a trip to Sears.  And even though we weren't thinking about making any big purchases -- the huge sale, plus the 10% off Sears' cardholders (6-9pm Sunday night), plus 5% for the floor model, which was already on clearance had us driving home with a ProForm 420 in the back of our truck for under $175.  "Happy birthday," B said.  I thanked him and rode home with a smile ear to ear - overjoyed that one outstanding task could be crossed off my prepare-to-return-from-sabbatical list.  The set up was quite easy.  I will post pictures tomorrow of my newest setup.  If you are in the market for a treadmill, I would strongly encourage you to cruise by your local Sears store tomorrow and see if they have any ProForms on clearance.  I previously had the 595le, which will be my home office desk.  The 420 is tons quieter and will go back to work with me in January.  Yeah!
(post note: I think the sale at Sears continues today)

0 comments: